Thursday, January 5, 2012

Bahrain: Buying news in the U.S.


 In November the Washington Times posted an article favorable to the Bahraini regime. The article was written by a former U.S. 5th fleet commander who later became a Lockheed Martin executive.
  It turns out that the article was placed in the Times at the request of the Sanitas lobbying which works on behalf of the Bahrain government. The article urged the U.S. government to support the Bahraini government in cracking down on pro-democracy protesters in Bahrain. While deploring the violence the U.S. in effect did support the crackdown and said nothing against the sending of GCC troops into Bahrain to help quash the protests.
   The Washington Times did note that the commander Admiral Charles Moore worked for Lockheed Martin and that the company  sells  hundreds of millions in arms to the kingdom but they failed to mention that the article was placed at the request of  the lobbying firm Sanitas. Sanitas is paid 15,000 per month to lobby on behalf of the firm. Surely, the public should have been informed about that as well. This was not an opinion piece so much as an infomercial. For more see this article.

1 comment:

Shielabells Parma said...

Hi everyone, i am so glade coming back to this great forum to testify about the help i received from Carrol Walker. I was in desperate need of a loan in other to be free from debt and financial bondage that was place on me by my ex husband. It was really bad that i have to seek for help from Friends,family and even my bank but on one could assist me because my credit score was really bad. So i was browsing with my computer and saw some testimonies from people Carrol Walker assisted with a loan, then i decided to contact him on his email{infoloanfirm8@gmail.com}, then i received a mail from them and i did all that was asked from me. To my greatest surprise they transferred to my account the loan i requested and now i am so happy clearing my debt and have also started a business with the remaining amount to take care of myself and family. If you need a loan do contact the best loan lender of all time Carrol Walker on his email: {infoloanfirm8@gmail.com}

US will bank Tik Tok unless it sells off its US operations

  US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said during a CNBC interview that the Trump administration has decided that the Chinese internet app ...